Outreach and Training Specialist
The Nebraska Alliance is seeking a full-time Outreach and Training Specialist to support local child advocacy centers, their staff, and partners in providing a comprehensive and trauma-informed response to child abuse.
This position is responsible for organizing training and outreach efforts statewide around the fidelity of the Child Advocacy Center model and the following standards of national accreditation: forensic interview, medical, and other standards to support the existing and developing CACs and their satellites across the state. This position supports the Nebraska Alliance’s learning management system.
Outreach and Training Specialist Responsibilities:
- Work in close partnership with the Director of Membership and Programs and Nebraska Alliance staff to implement results-based technical assistance to support best practices towards Child Advocacy Center accreditation standards with particular emphasis on the following standards: Forensic interview, Medical, and other accreditation standards.
- Work collaboratively with the Nebraska Alliance team and the CACs to identify and communicate needs of individual programs and potential role of Chapter in addressing those needs and providing on-going follow up.
- Conduct on-site visits, provide verbal and written consultations, and research/develop/disseminate resources.
- Conduct statewide meetings for CAC staff and participate in the development and organization of training sessions and materials.
- Assist with the development, planning and associated logistics related to the Nebraska Alliance training initiatives, including the coordination and implementation of a standardized curriculum for professional mandatory reporters of child abuse.
- Coordinate and promote local and statewide training opportunities for CAC members, partner agencies, and multidisciplinary teams addressing needs across the state.
- Work with the Director of Membership and Programs to manage the learning management training system.
- Create and maintain electronic files for training events to include materials, evaluations, and certificates.
- Assist in assigned grant management, goal tracking, and reporting.
- Participate in special projects related to improving practice and supporting core competencies in child abuse investigation and treatment, national accreditation standards, and mandatory reporting.
- Represent the Nebraska Alliance through membership on external committees/ special initiatives.
- Promote the utilization of local CACs and the benefits of the CAC model.
- Support and encourage teamwork and collaboration between agencies and staff involved in reporting and investigation of child abuse.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Training and education relevant to social work, law, criminal justice, psychology or human services preferred.
- Preference for experience with nonprofit organizations, especially membership organizations or networks; experience with Child Advocacy Centers (CACs) and/or dynamics of child abuse; experience with facilitating training and learning management systems.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for collaboration and teamwork with diverse people across different organizations.
- Facilitate conversations to develop professionals and support problem solving.
- Work independently with a successful track record of taking a concept from idea to implementation, finding alternate paths when needed to achieve the overall goal.
- Juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality.
- Listen closely to understand needs or concerns and takes steps based on that input.
- Provide clear, helpful information in a timely manner.
- Comfortable with technology and working in a virtual space, including experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Zoom, and virtual training platform.
- Build trust, create respectful spaces, and maintain confidentiality.
- Desire to work as a member of a dynamic, mission-driven team.
- Routinely submit to a thorough criminal history background check.
- Have access to a vehicle and possess a valid Nebraska driver’s license and proof of insurance, as this position will require both in-state and out-of-state travel.
- Have the ability and willingness to travel.
- Be flexible with occasional evening and weekend availability.
- Take on duties as assigned.
Pay and Benefits
The salary for this full-time, exempt position is $50,000.
The Nebraska Alliance offers a health reimbursement account (in place of offering health insurance) and a 403(b)-retirement account with employer match. The Nebraska Alliance has 13 paid holidays a year, offers 1.5 days of PTO per month in the first year of employment, offers six weeks of paid family and medical leave in qualifying circumstances and offers an employee assistance program.
About the Nebraska Alliance
The Nebraska Alliance is a growing non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing Nebraska’s response to child abuse. We are the nationally-accredited membership organization, or state chapter organization, for child advocacy centers (CACs) in Nebraska. Our team supports our CAC members and their partners by providing training, technical assistance, and capacity building, creating statewide partnerships, and leading advocacy efforts.
The Nebraska Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, disability, medical condition, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, religion, veteran status, or age.
Our core values are:
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with diverse people, organizations, and systems to make a difference for children and families.
- Commitment: We care deeply about our work. We go above and beyond for child advocacy centers and the children and families they serve.
- Leadership: We ask key questions and take on critical, statewide initiatives. We find solutions to challenges and inspire others to take action.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We have a sense of responsibility to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and a desire to be held accountable. This statement will serve as our guidepost for our active commitment and a reminder that inclusion is an act. We work with children from diverse experiences and acknowledge we can’t be effective in our mission to support them if we don’t truly understand their needs.
Survivor Inclusion Statement
The Nebraska Alliance commits to purposefully centering survivors and their families in our work. We make the most impact when we intentionally partner with survivors and allow them to lead and drive our work through their lived experience. We welcome and value their voices and input across all areas of our mission.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and resume to Ivy Svoboda, Executive Director at email@example.com by February 24, 2023. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.