If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Outreach Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
PAY RANGE: TBD
QUALIFICATIONS: A degree in social work, law, criminal justice, psychology or human services is preferred. A bachelor’s degree is required and a masters or other advanced degree preferred. Preferred knowledge and experience with Child Advocacy Centers (CACs) and/or dynamics of child abuse. Experience providing technical assistance to professionals.
- Responsible for organizing training and outreach efforts statewide, increasing collaboration and coordination among child advocacy centers (CACs) throughout Nebraska to improve the fidelity around the ten standards of national accreditation, and supporting the existing and developing CACs and their satellites across the state.
- Provide technical assistance to established and developing CACs and their satellite offices through on-site visits, verbal and written consultations, and provide resource development and dissemination. Technical assistance informs about best practices and helps meet contract, accreditation, and statutory requirements.
- Conduct statewide meetings and participate in the development and organization of training sessions and materials. These are for CAC staff and local boards of directors.
- Assess, develop, coordinate, and promote local and statewide training opportunities for CAC members, partner agencies, and multidisciplinary teams addressing community needs across the state. Assist CACs with the development of local training plans. Focus is on the emerging issues in child abuse and neglect investigation, prosecution, prevention and treatment while emphasizing the multidisciplinary team response provided in a child advocacy center setting.
- Oversee the statewide Outcome Measurement System (OMS) and develop bi-annual reports for funders, legislators and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee the statewide CAC needs assessment and on-going follow up.
- Assist the Executive Director in assigned grant management of proposals, goal tracking, and reporting in grants.
- Participate in special projects related to improving practice and supporting core competencies in child abuse investigation and treatment.
- Represent the Nebraska Alliance through membership on external committees/ special initiatives at the request of the Executive Director.
- Promote the utilization of local CACs and the benefits of the CAC model.
- Support and encourage teamwork and collaboration between agencies and staff involved in reporting and investigation of child abuse.
- Routinely submit to a thorough criminal history background check.
- Have access to a vehicle and possess a valid Nebraska driver’s license and proof of insurance, as this position will require both in-state and out-of-state travel.
- Be willing to travel.
- Be flexible with occasional evening and weekend availability.
- Be an organized self-starter in this career position.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and duties that may be required of this position within the Nebraska Alliance. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this job. All employment relationships with the Nebraska Alliance of Child Advocacy Centers are of an at-will nature and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.